The full audio for LabChat is now available as a series of YouTube videos. In addition, you can read the transcription prepared by Inara Pey, together with sound files, which she has broken down by subject. And Inara has also provided a very helpful summary of the discussion, which you can read here.
Our guests were Ebbe Linden, CEO of Linden Lab, Oz Linden, Ohe Engineering Director of Second Life, and Troy Linden, Senior Producer and they answered a selection of resident questions, chosen by the Lab Chat team, from among a selection submitted to an official forum thread, and also asked during the episode by the live audience.
Lab Chat Episode 3 Part 1:
Lab Chat Episode 3 Part 2:
Lab Chat Episode 3 Part 3:
From Inara Pey (links here will take you to her blog, Living in a Modem World):
Please note that in places the audio presented in conjunction with the transcripts has been edited to remove asides, repetition or removed inaudible elements, and so may differ in length and content to the official recordings made of the session. However, no attempt has been made to alter the content or context of the answers supplied by Ebbe, Oz and Troy.
For ease of reference, the session has been split into two parts, and the following Quick links will take readers to any specific topics of interest to them, and further topics can be navigated to by either returning to this page, or using the Quick Links summaries provided within the Bento / Second Life and Project Sansar pages.
- Project Bento
- Second Life
- Tools for Managing Inventory
- New Social Islands
- Second Life Gift Cards
- Viewer Photography Tools
- Sound File Length and Animation File Size
- Texureable Object Faces
- Region Buy-down And Mainland Incentives
- Vehicles, Bandwidth and Throttling
- RLV and the Official Viewer
- Second Life Experiences
- Search – Experiences, Marketplace & In-world
- Marketplace Listing Enhancement Issues
- Allowing More Estate Managers
- Reporting Group Spamners
- Lab Staff Using SL
- Vulkan Graphics Support for SL
- Linden Realms Updates
- Project Sansar
- How Many Avatars Will a Single Instance of Sansar Support?
- Graphics Requirements
- NPCs in Sansar
- Functionality and Capabilities in Sansar
- Sansar Terms of Service
- Names and Identity in Sansar
- Acceptance into Creator Preview
- Sansar Payment Options
- Cost of Owning Space in Sansar
- Mac Users and Sansar
Inara has also provided a very helpful summary of the discussion, which you can read here.