Thursday, January 21st saw the second in a series of discussions called Lab Chat, billed as “an opportunity for you to ask Lindens your questions during a live taping that will be recorded and archived for everyone to view.”
As with the first show, the session featured the Lab’s CEO, Ebbe Altberg in his alter ego of Ebbe Linden. In preparation for the recording, Second Life users were invited to ask questions about the Lab, Second Life, “Project Sansar”, etc on a forum thread.
Over 80 questions were asked, all of which were reviewed by the Lab Chat production team, and from which the list of question to put to Ebbe was drawn. The questions select were those the production team thought would be of most interest to the attending audience, or represented those questions which were asked multiple times by different people.
The following pages offer a transcript of the show’s recording session, which has been split into three parts:
- Those questions and answers those related to Second Life
- Those focused more on Project Sansar
- Additional questions & audience Q&A.
The first two sections are presented in chronological order – as the questions were asked during the recording of the show. The additional questions have been grouped together (where possible) by subject matter, for ease of reference.
The Quick Links below will take you directly to each of these three sections, or to any of the individual discussion points within them. Each question / answer includes an audio extract of that question and response for those who wish to listen rather than read.
- Sansar: Live or visit?
- The Sansar Avatar
- Content Building
- Approximate Sansar Time Frames
- Sansar Maps and Web Pages and Second Life Surls
- Education and Business in Second Life and Sansar
- Sansar and Art
- Aviation, Sailing and Racing in Sansar
- Databases, Permissions and Experience Creation
- Sansar, Oculus Rift and VR
- Sansar on Linux
- Sansar Accessibility for the Impaired
- Sansar Scripting API Support
- Sansar and Griefing and Trolling
- Sansar Alpha / Beta Testing Requests
Note: this is not a transcript of the entire recording session. The focus is on the questions asked and responses given. Also, the audio extracts are from a recording which was cleaned-up following the show to remove repetitions, pauses, trailing comments which otherwise break the flow / context of replies. However, no attempt has been made to editorialise or in any way alter the context of any response given to questions.
With thanks to Inara Pey for the transcript and links.